"Our staff is committed to getting you the right resource you need for your needs." - Captain Brian Reed, Commanding Officer of Downriver Corps
Every day, local families face a variety of crises:
• Single, working-poor parents can't pay their utilities or buy food.
• A destructive fire leaves a family without food, clothing, or furniture.
• Domestic violence tears families apart and inflicts emotional scars on its victims.
• Lack of adequate income prevents many families from providing school supplies and Christmas gifts for their children.
The Salvation Army believes the core unit of a society is the family. For the thousands of families living in poverty, we provide a range of emergency assistance to help them through crisis situations.
We have a food pantry open to those who reside in the following zip codes:
48101, 48122, 48134, 48138, 48146, 48173, 48180,
48183, 48192, 48193, 48195, 48217, 48218, 48229
Our food pantry is by appointment only. Please call our office during regular office hours for an appointment. 734-282-0930, Mon. - Fri. 8:30pm - 12:00pm, 1:00pm - 3:45pm
You will need to bring the following items when you come in for your appointment:
* Your social security card and social security cards for all family members in the household
*Your valid photo ID and Photo ID for anyone in your home 18 years or older
*Proof of income: (You should bring any of the following that apply)
3 check stubs if you are employed
3 check stubs for unemployment
SSI or SSD or Widow's Benefit Statement
YOU MAY RECEIVE EMERGENCY FOOD ONLY ONCE EVERY 30 DAYS.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission; is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.